Nine Types of Violence and Abuse
- Physical violence - occurs when someone uses a part of their body or an object to control a person's actions.
- Sexual violence - occurs when a person is forced to unwillingly take part in sexual activity.
- Emotional violence - occurs when someone says or does something to make a person feel stupid or worthless.
- Psychological violence - occurs when someone uses threats and causes fear in an individual to gain control.
- Spiritual (or religious) violence - occurs when someone uses an individual's spiritual beliefs to manipulate, dominate or control that person.
- Cultural violence - occurs when an individual is harmed as a result of practices that are part of her or his culture, religion or tradition.
- Verbal abuse - occurs when somenone uses language, whether spoken or written, to cause harm to an individual.
- Financial abouse - occurs when someone controls an individual's financial resources without the person's consent or misuses those resources.
- Neglect - occurs when someone has the responsibility to provide care or assistance for an individual but does not.
How to Recover from Rape and Sexual Trauma
Whether you or someone you love has been raped or sexually assaulted, recovery is possible. Rape and sexual assault survivors generally go through three phases of recovery from rape trauma at their own individual speed.
1. Surviving the Acute Phase
2. Expect a period of denial and repression
3. Do not shower, wash up, or change your clothes...
Tips on how to get out of an Abusive Relationship
Taking steps to healing and move on
Credit Restoration - fix your credit fix your life